Cocréa Conscious Partner Dance
Relationship in motion. Connection in action. Creativity through presence.
Viewing life as a dance, Cocréa is a continually evolving holistic movement modality intended to bring individuals into strong, empowered, expressive relationships with their bodies. Facilitators guide participants into an experiential embodiment practice based in the form of western social partner dance techniques, while inviting and allowing an easeful flow of ideas to emerge through listening and responding to the moment. As we hone this dynamic, kinetic toolbox, we emphasize connection, communication and presence between two people within a community of others. Allowing intuition and feeling to guide the partnership, their centers and frames to support it, Cocréa celebrates our ability to embody profound joy through being in a body moving in harmony with another body.
Weaving the threads of collaboration, cross-pollination and consciousness, Wren and Antje’s focus is on how dance can enhance and expand relationships into a deeply connected, honest and powerful tool for personal, interpersonal and transpersonal co-creation and transformation. www.nomaddance.com
Since 2011, we’ve taught nationally and internationally from Edmonton, Alberta, to Houston, Texas; as far south as Uvita, Costa Rica, and unique communities such as One Dance Tribe in Germany, and Damanhur in Italy. Our playshops can be tailored to suit your community’s interests and skill levels, and work to include everyone! All ages, from high school students to senior citizens, have found great joy and value in dancing and learning with us. Hear what they have to say!
Questions we invite you to contemplate:
What if you could convey your experience with music to another using your body and your dance as a conduit for the music to move through?
What if you felt empowered and safe to dance with every person you passed on the street? What if they felt the same?
Goals of Instruction
- Give you empowerment to enter into partnership confidently on any dance floor regardless of musical genre.
- Provide a context for you to connect in a positive, supportive and mutually enjoyable manner.
- Expand your movement vocabulary by guiding you through a progressive curriculum.
- Gain greater body awareness and sensitivity – both physical and emotional – to your partner.
- Develop mindfulness and deeper body awareness.
- Open gateways to your creative mind.
- Exercise confidence in all your interactions.
- Nurture authentic, compassionate and intimate connections to those with whom you relate.
- Alleviate stress by connecting with your breathe and through physicality with others in a safe, respectful manner.
A few of the concepts Cocréa workshops explore:
- Spinaesthesia – Jedi musicality. Sensing music as movement in your body.
- Conversational dance – blurring the line between lead and follow.
- Polarity in partnership – dancing with duality and all the places along the spectrum.
- Technique – dancing sustainably, setting yourself up for a lifetime of dancing.
- Radical Presence – being aware of everything that’s happening in your body, with your partner and the space around you, all of the time, no matter what.